Saturday, July 8, 2017

Some things are hard to think about but easy to do. So just do them.

There are some things that are much more difficult when you're considering them than when you actually do them.

For me, writing is one of those things, especially if it's writing fiction.  But then, if I can get myself to actually start writing, I end up having fun, almost as though I'm reading the book that I'm writing.

So the key for me is to have the courage to open the text editor and read the last little bit that I've written and then to let the story come.  It's a fear thing, I think.  When I'm not writing, it seems like there will be nothing to write.  But then when I'm actually writing the story comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Absorb as much of the customer's risk in giving you a chance as possible

Nice advice from Hacker News today: MasterScrat 2 hours ago [-] I am working on a ...